Although requiring careful detailed planning, renovations are becoming more and more popular. Renovating can dramatically affect the value and aesthetics of your home, so be sure to carefully examine every aspect of your project.
If you are planning to renovate your living space, here are a few points to consider:
• Do you prefer the room to have more open space or be enclosed?
• What is the best location for an entryway?
• Would it be more convenient to access one area from a different entry point than the current space you’re renovating?
• What furniture arrangement would best suit the space and your needs?
• Do you use the space you’re renovating efficiently?
• Will the renovation fulfill the family’s current and future needs?
• Do you need to have flexibility with the use of the space? Will it serve multiple purposes?
• How can you achieve an environment that is easy to maintain?
• What features can you add to enhance the appearance of the space?
• Can a room be given much-needed light by installing larger windows?
• Will installing a bay or bow window give you that extra width needed in a small space?
• Will the room reflect your tastes alone or the tastes of the entire family?
As you can see, there are many details to keep in mind when renovating. The key to achieving success in the end is proper planning. One of the best ways to ensure your success is consulting with a professional
in space planning.